Sumbal: A girl died due to electrocution in Marqundal area of Sumbal in north Kashmir’s Bandipora district on Sunday morning.
A police official told KNO that Samiya Bano (17) Daughter of Abdul Rasheed received an electric shock when she came in contact with a live wire inside her home at Marqundal area of Sumbal.
Samiya was immediately taken to nearby hospital where doctors declared her dead on arrival, he said.
After completing all legal and medical formalities, the body of the deceased was handed over to her relatives for last rites, he added.
A case has been registered and further investigations taken up, the official said.(KNO)