Srinagar: Militant outfit Hizbul Mujhadeen Wednesday claimed that responsibility of the attack on Army convoy in North Kashmir’s Wudipora Kralgund area of Kupwara district.
The Operational Spokesperson Hizb Burhanuddin told Kashmir based news agency CNS that the attack was carried out by a special squad of the outfit near Kralgund area in which at least at least two Indian Army soldiers were killed and two suffered injuries.
“Operational Field Commander Mehmood Ghaznavi while lauding the action of the ‘Mujhadeen’ has decided to reward them for this audacious attack on the army convoy,” he said and added that militants in far flung areas will continue to target security establishments.
Pertinently, in Kralgund attack on Wednesday morning, three army men were injured after militants attacked their convoy that was heading to Baramulla district. All the injured army men were air-lifted to army based 92 Base hospital Badamibagh Srinagar. Last month on August 17, two army personnel and a policeman were killed when militants attacked a security convoy on the highway in Baramulla during the dead of the night. (CNS)