Srinagar: A fierce fire gutted a house along with Lakhs of savings for an engagement in Batamaloo area of central Kashmir’s Srinagar district on Tuesday.
The fire broke out during the late morning hours in the top floor of a residential house in Banpora area of Batamaloo and further engulfed the rest of the floors, which left the structure severely damaged.
Owner of the House, Nazir Ahmad Dar told Kashmir News Bureau that an engagement ceremony of her daughter was going to take place on Monday.
He said, “All the savings for my daughters engagement, gold, cash and other things worth around 5-8 lakhs of rupees is gone, along with my home.”
Moreover, talking to Kashmir News Bureau, Fire and Emergency Service officials said that they received a call about the fire incident around 11:33 am and immediately a team rushed to the spot.
Officials said that the fire had engulfed a two story residential house and the fire tenders doused the flames successfully.
They added that no loss of life or injury was reported in the fire incident.
Furthermore, as per the officials the cause behind the fire to erupt was not immediately known but at the spot of incident, locals said that it was likely due to a short circuit. (KNB)