Three year-old boy burnt alive in fire mishap

Sarfaraz A Lone
Srinagar: In a heart wrenching incident of its kind, a three year-old boy was charred to death in a fire incident at Punzwa area of north Kashmir’s Kupwara district on Wednesday.

Reports reaching news agency Global News Service (GNS) said today at around 5:30 pm fire broke out inside a house (shed) of Ghulam Nabi Khan alias Rubani S/O Hamza Khan at Punzwa village in Vilgam area.

“Soon after the fire broke out inside the house (shed), the locals of the area immediately sung into an action and tried to brought the fire under control”.

In the meantime, the locals of the area informed the local police station and the concerned fire service department who reached the spot and doused off the flames, they said.

In the mishap, a three year old boy namely Ayan Ahmad Khan who was sleeping inside the kitchen room at the time of incident was burnt alive, they said.

ALSO READ  Job Opportunities at Central University of Jammu

“Only Ayan’s mother was at home, however, she was busy in fetching potable water when suddenly the fire mishap occurred”, the locals told GNS.

A pall of gloom descended in the whole Punzwa village, soon after the news spread in the area.

All those persons who seen the body of the minor in burnt condition cannot stop themselves from screaming.

Meanwhile, a police official while confirming the incident told GNS that they have registered a case and started investigations in to the incident. (GNS)